The start of the 2021 VSAP series is the inaugural 2.2 Miles swim at Hope Mills Lake located in Hope Mills, NC. From the moment we mentioned it to the town leadership they were very welcoming and supportive of this plan.
Samantha Lubin is the director for this year’s swim. She is the perfect person to lead this swim. Sam told us the story of how she was going to swim Lake Tahoe in memory of a close Military friend who recently committed suicide. She said she was going to raise money and awareness with a 22 mile swim in Lake Tahoe. I asked Sam if she would combine her effort and fundraising with VSAP Series and lead the swim. She did not hesitate on leading the swim. She has hit the ground running on tasks such as water chemical reports, town commissioner briefings, vendor support, media engagements, etc. We are glad to have Mrs. Samantha Lubin on our team and look forward to the success of this swim.
Swimmers can choose to swim as an individual or 10-swimmer team. Individual will have a 2.2 Mile swim time were the teams will have a 22 Mile combined swim time. The event will start off with individual staggered starts for the .5 mile course. Swimmers will swim 4 laps and swim back to the exit point to total 2.2 miles. For Teams, all swimmer’s individual times will be averaged and that will be the final time. There will be 50 swimmer waves that will have a 3-hour cut off to complete 2.2 miles. A manual tracking software will be used to track individual times using the swimmer’s bib number upon registration.
- Swimmers will pay a $75 registration fee which will cover a medal, custom swim cap, on-site beverages, on-site nutrition, and race event support through Active Works.
- Swimmers will also agree to fundraise $100 for VSAP Series fundraising campaign through GallantFew non-profit Veteran fundraising campaign. Swimmers can opt to pay $100 themselves at time of registration or have friends/family donate to the GallantFew site and ensure they put the swimmer’s name in the comments.
- Swimmers will show proof of Registration and Donation at time of packet pick-up
- 50% of fundraising will go toward GallantFew so they can continue providing resources and services for Veterans. 44% will be divided amongst the Mission Support Partners and donated back to their charities. 6% will go back into the VSAP Series for future plans and operations.
- 6:00am Site set-up
- 8:00am Registration and packet pick up begins
- 8:30am Opening Ceremony- VSAP Leader, Town Leadership, Guest Speaker, JROTC Color Guard
- 9:00am Wave 1 Start – First 50 registered Swimmers
- 12:00pm Wave 2 Start- Second 50 registered Swimmers
- 3:00pm Wave 3 Start- Third 50 registered Swimmers
- 6:00pm End of Event
- 6:30pm Results announced/posted
Sponsors and On-Site Vendors
- Food Vendors-
- Medical Team-
- Water Rescue Team-
- Media Engagement Teams-
Samantha Lubin- email: email@example.com phone: (760) 803-0274
Ricky Love- email: firstname.lastname@example.org phone: (910) 624-9235